OI² - A CLOSELY MONITORED VOLCANO
S.O. OI² All News and Background
- 30 November 2011 : Complete translation of this site in English.
- September 2011 : Presentation at the Fringe conference, ESA-ERIN, Frascati, Italy
- 21 July 2011 : Confirmation of acceptance by the DLR of project XTI_GEOL0224 « Monitoring Topographic Changes and Ground Displacements at Volcanoes with TanDEM-X», submitted as a response to the AO TanDEM-X issued by the DLR. Twenty TanDEM aquisitions are planned up to the end of 2011.
- 12 July 2011 : Confirmation of acceptance by the DLR of the GEO1165 project « Enhancement of the Kalideos Remote Sensing Databases using TerraSAR-X data - Application to Volcanology », submitted on the 21 June 2011, in collaboration with the CNES. A credit of 80 TSX Stripmap images is obtained for the period 2011-2013.
- 28 June 2011 : Transfer of the INSU funds (granted to the S.O. in 2011) from the IPGP to the OPGC.
- June 2011 : Calculation and appearance on-line of the first S.O. RADARSAT-2 interferogram , covering the period from August 2009 to May 2011.
- April May June 2011 : The automatic treatment procedure used for InSAR data, Interferomatic, is updated in order to be compatible with the new Cosmo-Skymes and RADARSAT-2 data. A new adjustment method for the Near Range is also incorporated into the procedure.
- 6 April 2011 : Calculation and appearance on-line of the first Cosmo-SkyMed interferogram by S.O., following updating of the Diapson software (© Altamira-Information).
- 15 February 2011 : Approval of INSU (National Institute for Earth Sciences and Astronomy) funding for the PNTS project «Evaluation of the TanDEM-X data for measuring topographic changes and ground movements induced by volcanic activity »
- 15 February 2011 : The first CosmoSkyMed (Band X) image is obtained for the S.O. from the Italian Space Agency. The image is of the Piton de la Fournaise, at 02.52 UT.
- 14-18 February 2011 : Presentation at the 4th TerraSAR-X Science Team Meeting & 3rd TanDEM-X Science Team Meeting, DLR site Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany.(abstract).
- 31 January 2011 : Order placed for 46 COSMO-SkyMed images over the period from February 2011 February 2012 (Stripmap, ascending & descending, line-of-sight).
- December 2010 January February 2011 : Modelling of ground displacements caused by the October 2010 eruption.
- December 2010 : Credit obtained from the MDA for 30 free RADARSAT-2 images for the first semester of 2011.
- 22-24 November 2010 : Presentation at the 2nd CNFGG conference « Topography and multi-scaled deformations, reflections of a dynamic Earth ». (abstract).
- November December 2010 : Calculation of the TerraSAR-X interferograms for the October 2010 eruption and subsequent calculation of the EW and UD displacement maps. Written report.
- October December 2010 : Formatting of a new, high resolution DEM (7.5 m) of the Piton de la Fournaise, based on the IGN LIDAR DEMs from 2008-2009 at a scale of 5 m and 1 m. Refining and setting up a new procedure for calculating interferograms using this new DEM.
- 29 October 2010 : Submission of the project Monitoring Topographic Changes and Ground Displacements at Volcanoes with TanDEM-X" in response to the TanDEM-X AO at the DLR."(abstract).
- 3-9 October 2010 : Presentation at the Collapse Caldera Workshop 2010, Reunion Island, Dynamics of caldera: collapse and unrest"."(abstract).
- 1 October 2010 : Recognition of the SO OI2 group as a component of the National Service for Volcanological Observations.
- 24 September 2010 : Submission of the PNTS project «Evaluation of the TanDEM-X data for measuring modifications to the topography and ground displacements as caused by volcanic activity».(abstract).